Do you need a spa day but loath the diy food facials? I know I do. I also get tired of trying to book a day at the spa when they have minimal openings and you want a full spa experience. So here’s how to make your own!First lets get started with a spa day plan.
- aroma and sound
- food and drink
- room set up
- a luxurious robe
- an organized step by step process
#1 on our list will be the products we want to use. Typically, when you do a proper facial, you cleanse, tone and moisturize. You will definitely want to do something not in your daily routine so it feels like a spa day. Try using a mud mask , acid peel , detox bath or maybe even a remineralizing bath! I do recommend that it is organic. A little note: A study published in the American Journal of Public Health looked into the skin’s absorption rates of chemicals found in drinking water. It showed that the skin absorbed an average of 64% of total contaminant dosage. Other studies found the face to be several times more permeable than broad body surfaces and an absorption rate of 100% for underarms and genitalia. And another peer-reviewed study showed 100% absorption for fragrance ingredients. I would watch what I put on my skin organic is best!
#2 You have to choose your aroma and music! I will use essential oils, potpourri or wait for a beautiful breezy rainy day and open the windows, which rain can also aid in sound! Music is pretty easy to find if you have calm music that’s great but if you are like me youtube has exquisite peaceful meditation, nature sounds, Celtic melodies, hypnotizers and pretty much anything you want.
#3 food and drink! fruit water is always the best choice or a hot cup of herbal tea if it is cold weather. A veggie tray, fruit sickles in the summer or maybe mini sandwiches for those friends of yours. Try to keep it light and organic.
#4 The room set up.This is up to you if you are entertaining. I will light unscented candles.I put my towels in the crock pot to get them warm. The facial steam is one of my favorites so having a double boiling pot on the stove is nice. If you are entertaining you can buy a plug in burner for cheap and display it that way. plenty of plush white towels rolled up is a classic design. Maybe some flowers or pebbles to set the tone. If you really want to go all out you can buy apothecary jars and fill them with soaps, salt, and sponges. Now, I think you are set to spa it up.
#5 the robe, it is all about comfort and a robe just sets the feel of spa day! Don’t forget flipflops , so you don’t ruin that pedicure.
#6 Finally,We are ready for spa day! This is just routine for me, but if you are new you might need to list the order of each step needed to be taken for a successful spa day. so here goes
- cleanse with you everyday facial cleanser to get the extra oil off.
- exfoliate the dead skin.
- use a toner,mask or acid peel.In this step you can peel then use a mask which is what I love to do, but if you exfoliate a peel may be too strong. Tip: if your using activated charcoal or a seaweed wrap wait 45 mins before you wash it off.
- A bath, in this step you can use a remineralizing bath or a detox bath please wait at least a couple of days to a week between each. In this step you may also wear the facial.
- The hair, yes you just soaked in the bath but you hair is a different process from your skin. We like to put in warm oil and put it in a bun during our next step then rinse it out with cold water so it holds it’s shine!
- pedicures are a great to do while you wait for your hair mask to set. a pedicure is basic spa knowledge. Soak your feet, scrub the bottoms with a pumice, put lotion on the feet, then work on the toe nails.
- let your skin breathe! don’t put on make up until you read a good book or after you have relaxed and taken in the music and aroma. This is the definition of woosahhh!
Here is a list of a few things you might want to find
- mud mask http://amzn.to/1PCn65N
- acid peel http://amzn.to/1PCofKN
- detox bath soap http://amzn.to/1PCoNQP
- remineralizing sea salt bath http://amzn.to/1pGMUsn
- the tea pot shown http://amzn.to/1USdDiG